NYSEG and RG&E will invest up to $75,000 per initiative on strategic economic development outreach projects primarily focusing on attracting new business investment into the company’s service area.
- Must be a 50% matching fund from federal, state, local and/or private sources.
- Recipients must be a state, regional, or local economic development organization within the company’s service area.
- Initiative must promote a specific asset or group of assets that enhance the competitiveness of a specific company service area or all of Upstate New York.
- Project must be targeted to decision makers who can influence the attraction of new jobs and new business investment within the company’s service area.
- Project must not duplicate or replace previously existing initiatives.
- Research initiatives must involve action items such as clearly defined industry targets, promotional messages, or other materials that facilitate recipient documentation.
- Initiatives considered include:
- Trade show, professional trade/business meetings, tours, etc.
- Sales missions
- Advertising and direct mailings
- Special events and promotions
- Research and analysis
- Ambassador programs
- Reports to community leaders
Please contact a NYSEG RG&E economic development representative to check on the availability of funding assistance under the economic development programs. Click here to email us.