NYSEG and RG&E will provide financial support toward electric-related infrastructure improvements on either company-owned or customer-owned equipment up to $100,000.
Decisions on actual awards will be commensurate with level of capital investment, load, and overall improvements. The overall intent in many instances is to help this industry convert from single phase to three phase power to grow their business and install new technologies.
- Project must involve capital investment of at least $50,000 toward facility and/or equipment purchases.
- The monthly incremental electric demand after capital investment must be at least 25 kilowatts (kW).
- Project must hold the company harmless in regard to any liability.
- Facility must be within the company’s service area.
- Recipient must be the owner or leaseholder of facility and must be current in payments to the company or have a deferred payment agreement in place and current (existing customers).
- Agricultural business sector also includes the craft beverage industry — wineries, micro-breweries, distilleries, farm cideries, etc.
Please contact a NYSEG/RG&E economic development representative to check on the availability of funding assistance under the economic development programs. Click here to email us.