Emergency Agriculture Assistance Program
Designed to provide funding to offset costs incurred by smaller farms and agri-businesses.
Assistance could be provided for:
- Repair and replacement of customer-owned electricity and natural gas infrastructure.
- Demolition of condemned facilities/buildings, but only if there is a firm commitment by the applicant for redevelopment.
- End-use equipment such as lighting, HVAC and pumps.
- Electrical and/or heating contractor inspections; and the cost of disaster recovery specialists/consultants who will assess facility needs when appropriate.
- Supplemental assistance could also be provided for equipment purchased using funds received through either NYSEG or New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) energy efficiency programs.
Eligibility: The applicant must be located in NYSEG’s service area; be located in a county in
New York declared a “state of emergency” disaster area by the state or federal government as a result of Hurricane Sandy; and demonstrate need for assistance based on funding gap upon receipt of documentation from other identified sources and be current in payments to NYSEG
or have executed a deferred payment agreement (DPA) unless arrears are directly related to
Deadline: Completed applications must be submitted by August 1, 2013 in order to be considered for funding. A completed application consists of the application and required supporting documentation.
Grant Limit: Up to $25,000 per customer application.
>> Click here to apply.